PTA 2019/20 Reflections Theme “Look Within”
Details to come.
The PTA helps celebrates all achievements at HB. Working with the school administration team the PTA helps support student recognition events throughout the year.
Student Activities and Family Engagement
The PTA organizes many social events for students and HB families throughout the year, including: dances, skate night, family pasta night, and the 8th grade pool party.
Teacher Support Fund and Grants Programs
HB PTA offers three programs to support HB’s fantastic staff.
First, our Teacher Support Fund reimburses teachers up to $50 for classroom materials. To be reimbursed, attach receipts to this teacher reimbursement request form.
For more expensive items, the PTA’s Classroom Grant Program covers items in amounts up to $500. In order for our support to touch the most students, these items should benefit HB students during the school day. To apply for a grant complete the application and submit by November 15, 2019. Decisions will be made by November 22, 2019.
The PTA is also offering Academic Club grants, three in the fall and three in the spring, of up to $175 each. The fall applications deadline is November 15, 2019. Decisions will be made by November 22, 2019. For Academic club grants there will be a second round of applications in Spring 2020.
The Teacher Support Fund, Classroom Grant Program, and Academic Club Support Grant are available to HB instructional staff, administrators and support staffs who are current members of the H.B. PTA. If you have questions please contact treasurer Ann Pollock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2018-2019 Classroom Support Grant applications
1. Mr. Cook – 7th grade math – calculators, calculator caddy, and calculator insurance ($453.39).
2. Ms. Beck - 6th, 7th and 8th grade Business and Tech - 3rolling laptop stands ($166.35).
3. Ms. Mash – 6th grade social studies – flexible seating ($500.00).
4. Ms. Brown – school guidance – Healing Neen DVD, and The Brain Architecture game ($224.00)
5. Ms. Casper and the 6th grade ELA dept- 45 copies of Number The Stars paperback book and 12 copies of Projekt 1065 paperback book ($455.43).
6. Mr. Mance – 6th grade social studies – 40 desk maps for the US and World ($356.00).
7. Mrs. Morseberger – 6th grade math – 168 tennis balls for 42 chairs ($208.88).
TOTAL $2,364.05 (Budget $3,000.00)
2018-2019 Academic Club Grant applications (fall/winter)
1. Mr. Cook – Math Counts and Math League – Book “The Art of Problem Solving, Vol. 1: The Basics” ($175.00).
2. Mrs. Matthews – AVID Lite, 6th grade – Binders and dividers to teach and monitor organization skills of AVID ($175.19)
TOTAL $350.19 (Budget $525.00)