PTA 2018/19 Reflections Theme “Heroes Around Me”
For 50 years, National PTA’s Reflections program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings, ideas and creativity in various art categories.
The National PTA program is looking for ideas for future themes. Submit your idea to the Delaware PTA. Entry forms and submission instructions as well as previous themes can by found here. Deadline to submit theme search entries is Nov. 23, 2018. These should be emailed directly to the Delaware PTA at the email address found on the form.
Show your creativity in various artistic categories by submitting an entry to the Reflections Contest. This year's theme for the Reflections contest is HEROES AROUND US. Submit your creative ideas related to this theme in the areas of Dance choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music, Photography, and Visual Arts. Drop off your entries to the main office by January 3, 2019.
The PTA celebrates academic achievement at HB. Each quarter, students that have distinguished honors on their report card are invited to a special recognition ceremony.
Student Activities and Family Engagement
The PTA organizes many social events for students and HB families throughout the year, including: dances, skate night, family pasta night, and the 8th grade pool party.
Teacher Support Fund and Grants Programs
HB PTA offers three programs to support HB’s fantastic staff.
First, our Teacher Support Fund reimburses teachers up to $50 for classroom materials. To be reimbursed, attach receipts to this teacher reimbursement request form.
For more expensive items, the PTA’s Classroom Grant Program covers items in amounts up to $500. In order for our support to touch the most students, these items should benefit HB students during the school day. This application is due November 16. For the application and further details click here.
The PTA is also offering Academic Club grants, three in the fall and three in the spring, of up to $175 each. The deadline for the fall grant applications is November 16, and spring April 12. For the fall application and further details click here.
The Teacher Support Fund, Classroom Grant Program, and Academic Club Support Grant are available to HB instructional staff, administrators and support staffs who are current members of the H.B. PTA. If you have questions please contact treasurer Ann Pollock (email@example.com).
2018-2019 Classroom Support Grant applications
1. Mr. Cook – 7th grade math – calculators, calculator caddy, and calculator insurance ($453.39).
2. Ms. Beck - 6th, 7th and 8th grade Business and Tech - 3rolling laptop stands ($166.35).
3. Ms. Mash – 6th grade social studies – flexible seating ($500.00).
4. Ms. Brown – school guidance – Healing Neen DVD, and The Brain Architecture game ($224.00)
5. Ms. Casper and the 6th grade ELA dept- 45 copies of Number The Stars paperback book and 12 copies of Projekt 1065 paperback book ($455.43).
6. Mr. Mance – 6th grade social studies – 40 desk maps for the US and World ($356.00).
7. Mrs. Morseberger – 6th grade math – 168 tennis balls for 42 chairs ($208.88).
TOTAL $2,364.05 (Budget $3,000.00)
2018-2019 Academic Club Grant applications (fall/winter)
1. Mr. Cook – Math Counts and Math League – Book “The Art of Problem Solving, Vol. 1: The Basics” ($175.00).
2. Mrs. Matthews – AVID Lite, 6th grade – Binders and dividers to teach and monitor organization skills of AVID ($175.19)
TOTAL $350.19 (Budget $525.00)