The winners of the literature contest are:
Olivia Ormsby (2 enttries)
Sareena was also the winner of the Theme Search contest at the State level. Her entry has been submitted to the National Level for judging.
Congratulations to all of you for your winning Reflections Entries. Good luck at the state level. The State PTA will be contacting you if your entry is chosen to move on to the national level.
Teacher Support Fund/Classroom Grant Program
HB PTA Teacher Support Grant Recipients 2016-2017:
- Mrs. Siberski 6th grade ELA - $435 to purchase 45 copies of Projekt 1065: A Novel of World War II hardback books
- Mrs. Morsberger 6th grade Math - $415 to purchase 5 36x24Magnetic Dry Erase Boards with 2x2 grid and a Calculator Storage organizer
- Mrs. Eros 6th grade Science - $408 to purchase 4 table top portable scales to be used by all 6-8th science teachers
- Mr. Cook 7th grade Math - $300 to purchase 10 36x24 Magnetic Dry Erase Boards
- Ms. Bowers 8th grade ELA - $490 to purchase 36 TI-30XS Scientific Calculators
- Mr. Jones 8th grade Science –$310 to purchase 72 Medline Fluid Protective Goggles, 16 Uvex Goggles and 10 Low Form Heavy Duty 400 ml Beakers
- Ms. Pearsall Choir- $490 for 17 Ukulele’s
- Ms. Beck Technology and Business Ed. $137 to purchase coding books to create a classroom computer programming library
The HB PTA offers two programs to support H.B. du Pont Middle School's teaching staff. First, our Teacher Support Fund reimburses teachers up to $50 for classroom materials. To be reimbursed, attach receipts to this teacher reimbursement request form.
For more expensive items, the PTA’s Classroom Grant Program covers items in amounts up to $500. In order for our support to touch the most students, these items should benefit HB students during the school day. This application is due November 18. Read our application guidelines here.
The Teacher Support Fund and the Classroom Grant Program are available to HB instructional staff, administrators and support staffs who are current members of the H.B. PTA. If you have questions please contact treasurer Jen Wootten (wootten_jen @ verizon.net)
The PTA celebrates academic achievement at HB. Each quarter, students that have distinguished honors on their report card are invited to a special recognition ceremony.
Student Activities and Family Engagement
The PTA organizes many social events for students and HB families throughout the year, including: dances, skate night, family pasta night, and the 8th grade pool party.
Vision To Learn
Red Clay School District has partnered with Vision To Learn, a nonprofit that brings a mobile vision clinic staffed with trained eye care professionals to schools. Students that fail routine vision screenings conducted by school nurses can receive a free eye exam and glasses if needed.
• Vision To Learn’s mobile clinic serves schools and youth service programs throughout Delaware, seeing over 25 kids each day.
• Because Vision To Learn brings the clinic to schools, a child’s missed class time is greatly minimized.
• They not only provide free glasses, but exams detect other serious health and eye problems such as amblyopia, glaucoma or motor skills deficiencies caused by vision impairments
If your child already wears glasses, or fails the vision screening test administered by the school nurse, we’ll send home more information about Vision To Learn, and ask that you return a consent form for an eye exam on their mobile vision clinic, which is scheduled to visit HB DuPont Middle School on November 10. Please take advantage of this free service!
You can learn more at www.visiontolearn.org