PTA 2017/18 Reflections Contest WINNERS
The State level winners for Reflections have been announced.
Congratulations to Morgan Covelli and Mariyam Sharoyan! Their literature entries won Honorable Mention.
Congratulations to Sareena Modi. Her entry was the winner in the photography category and will be moving on to the National Competition.
These students’ accomplishments will be honored at the Reflections Award Ceremony on Saturday, April 28th at St. Georges Technical High School (time TBD). Their entries will be displayed for all to admire.
The theme for next year (2018-2019) will be ”Heroes Around Me.” Some information is already available on the national PTA website at pta.org/home/programs/reflections. Additional rules and documentation should be available at delawarepta.org under the Reflections tab by June 2018, allowing students to work on their submissions over the summer if they choose.
Thank you to our PTA, teachers, and administration for supporting the Reflections Contest.A big thank you to all of the students who participated in the contest. Continue to express yourselves through the arts!
Click here for the entire list of all of the winners.
The PTA celebrates academic achievement at HB. Each quarter, students that have distinguished honors on their report card are invited to a special recognition ceremony.
Student Activities and Family Engagement
The PTA organizes many social events for students and HB families throughout the year, including: dances, skate night, family pasta night, and the 8th grade pool party.
Teacher Support Fund and Grants Programs
HB PTA offers three programs to support HB’s fantastic staff.
First, our Teacher Support Fund reimburses teachers up to $50 for classroom materials. To be reimbursed, attach receipts to this teacher reimbursement request form.
For more expensive items, the PTA’s Classroom Grant Program covers items in amounts up to $500. In order for our support to touch the most students, these items should benefit HB students during the school day. This application is due November 30. For the application and further details click here.
The PTA is also offering Academic Club grants, three in the fall and three in the spring, of up to $150 each. The deadline for the fall grant applications is November 30, and spring April 12. For the fall application and further details click here.
The Teacher Support Fund, Classroom Grant Program, and Academic Club Support Grant are available to HB instructional staff, administrators and support staffs who are current members of the H.B. PTA. If you have questions please contact treasurer Ann Pollock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2017-2018 Classroom Support Grant applications
1. Mr Jones and Ms Scholl-8th grade Science - $463.84 to purchase 16 “The Thrill Ride Building Games”
2. Ms Beck-6th, 7th and 8th grade Business and Tech - $268.20 to purchase 4 rolling laptop stands
3. Ms Mash and Ms Colon-6th grade special ed - $496.31 to purchase 10 items for their classroom. Includes mostly flexible seating options.
4. Ms Woodock-8th grade Meadowood Special ed teacher - $199 to purchase a 1 year term professional account of Board Maker Online to create visual schedules.
5. Ms Casper and the 6th grade ELA dept- $500 to purchase copies of Number The Stars paperback books
6. Ms Marcin-School nurse Meadowood Program - $279.80 + shipping for 4 educational (puberty related) DVDs for children with special needs.
Total: $2207.15 (plus s/h on one items)
2017-2018 Academic Club Grant applicantions (fall/winter)
1. Ms Letts - concert band - $200 to hire a guest trumpet solos/clinician that will work with the students and perform with them at their spring concert.
2. Ms Brady-Best Buddies Program - $200 to purchase outdoor adaptive supplies, arts and crafts supplies, cooking supplies and field trips.