Student Recognition - MP 2:
Students that have earned distinguished honors for the second marking period will be recognized in assemblies during the week of February 19. PTA will provide them with a snack. Congratulations to all of those students!
PTA 2017/18 Reflections Contest WINNERS
Author and UD Professor David Teague judged the Reflections Contest.
He said, "As always, it was a complete pleasure reading the work of these amazing writers. Again, it was extremely hard to determine a top 5."
The winners are listed below:
All of their entries have been submitted to move on to the DE State PTA Reflections Competition.
Students-continue pursuing your talents! Congratulations to all of you!
Save the Date: 10/19/18, yes, 2018! Empty Bowls Dinner
HB PTA will be hosting it's first ever Empty Bowls Dinner to benefit a local organization that feeds the hungry.
The Empty Bowls Dinner is a project designed to raise awareness of hunger and food insecurity in our community. Through HB's amazing Art program, students and families will make bowls that will be sold at the event. We will serve a simple meal of donated soup and bread from local restaurants. This will be a community wide event, showcasing HB's Art program and the entire HB/Hockessin community!
Stay tuned for more details on how you can be involved with this event!
The PTA celebrates academic achievement at HB. Each quarter, students that have distinguished honors on their report card are invited to a special recognition ceremony.
Student Activities and Family Engagement
The PTA organizes many social events for students and HB families throughout the year, including: dances, skate night, family pasta night, and the 8th grade pool party.
Teacher Support Fund and Grants Programs
HB PTA offers three programs to support HB’s fantastic staff.
First, our Teacher Support Fund reimburses teachers up to $50 for classroom materials. To be reimbursed, attach receipts to this teacher reimbursement request form.
For more expensive items, the PTA’s Classroom Grant Program covers items in amounts up to $500. In order for our support to touch the most students, these items should benefit HB students during the school day. This application is due December 15. For the application and further details click here.
New for this year the PTA is offering Academic Club grants, three in the fall and three in the spring, of up to $150 each. The deadline for the fall grant applications is December 15, and spring March 31. For the application and further details click here.
The Teacher Support Fund, Classroom Grant Program, and Academic Club Support Grant are available to HB instructional staff, administrators and support staffs who are current members of the H.B. PTA. If you have questions please contact treasurer Jen Wootten (email@example.com).
HB PTA Teacher Support Grant Recipients 2016-2017:
· Mrs. Siberski 6th grade ELA - $435 to purchase 45 copies of Projekt 1065: A Novel of World War II hardback books
· Mrs. Morsberger 6th grade Math - $415 to purchase 5 36x24Magnetic Dry Erase Boards with 2x2 grid and a Calculator Storage organizer
· Mrs. Eros 6th grade Science - $408 to purchase 4 table top portable scales to be used by all 6-8th science teachers
· Mr. Cook 7th grade Math - $300 to purchase 10 36x24 Magnetic Dry Erase Boards
· Ms. Bowers 8th grade ELA - $490 to purchase 36 TI-30XS Scientific Calculators
· Mr. Jones 8th grade Science –$310 to purchase 72 Medline Fluid Protective Goggles, 16 Uvex Goggles and 10 Low Form Heavy Duty 400 ml Beakers
· Ms. Pearsall Choir- $490 for 17 Ukulele’s
· Ms. Beck Technology and Business Ed. $137 to purchase coding books to create a classroom computer programming library