HEART IN THE GAME announces its 6th screening. FREE EKG screenings for ALL Delaware students aged 10-19. Please share with your friends.
Sponsored by ShopRite and The Kenny Foundation
- FREE EKG screen evaluated by pediatric cardiologists. (EKG’s in a pediatrician’s office cost $100+ and are NOT part of the student physical)
- Training in Hands Only CPR and employment of AED (automatic external defibrillator) by New Castle County EMS. Parents are STRONGLY encouraged to participate!
- “Salt Shock” “Sugar Shock” HEALTHY EATING by Nemours nurses
- Blood pressure evaluations for ALL ages – child and adult
- Further enhancing the event and in line with our mission, ShopRite will provide vegetable snacks AND a Registered Dietician to answer questions
WHEN: Saturday Sept 19 from 10am – 2pm
WHERE: Springer Jr. High 2220 Shipley Rd Wilm 19803 (bwt. Foulk and Silverside Rds)
WHY: Sudden Cardiac Arrest is the #1 cause of death on the playing field for students. 1 EKG can save a life. Knowledge of CPR/AED can save 10’s of lives
HITG History: Averaged 1000 students screened and trained in CPR in past 5 events
Walk-ins welcome but online registration is suggested.
Nationally: Incidents of SCD (Sudden Cardiac Death) of athletes on the playing field have only recently begun to be tracked. The incidence of SCD is much higher than thought, especially among African-American basketball players.
Recent articles http://www.heartinthegame.org/news---media.html
Questions? Contact Greer Firestone, 302.494.3133
www.ParentHeartWatch.org – national trade association