May 15, 2018 PTA Meeting 7pm - 8pm
We are still taking nominations for the Executive Board Elections at the May 15th PTA meeting. All positions from President to Membership on the below form are available. If you wish to nominate yourself or nominate someone else please contact Jennifer Lutes, the head of our nominating committee at email@example.com so she can get you on the ballot or contact your nominee. We will also take nominations the night of the vote.
All the committees listed below are appointed and approved by the Executive Board and are one year terms.
You must be a current HB PTA member to run for an elected position and to vote on May 15th. Incoming 6th grade parents are encouraged to come to the meeting and get involved. If they wish to run for a position there will be membership forms available at the meeting.
Schedule of 2017-2018 PTA Meetings
Oct 10, 2017
Nov 14, 2017
No PTA meeting in December
Jan 16, 2018
Feb 6, 2018
Mar 13, 2018 - nominating committee
April 17, 2018
May 15, 2018 - present slate/elect board for 2018/2019
Not able to attend a PTA meeting? You can read minutes from past PTA meetings here.
Our 2017/18 Budget was approved at the September 12, 2017 PTA Meeting.
2017-2018 Classroom Support Grant applications
1. Mr Jones and Ms Scholl-8th grade Science - $463.84 to purchase 16 “The Thrill Ride Building Games”
2. Ms Beck-6th, 7th and 8th grade Business and Tech - $268.20 to purchase 4 rolling laptop stands
3. Ms Mash and Ms Colon-6th grade special ed - $496.31 to purchase 10 items for their classroom. Includes mostly flexible seating options.
4. Ms Woodock-8th grade Meadowood Special ed teacher - $199 to purchase a 1 year term professional account of Board Maker Online to create visual schedules.
5. Ms Casper and the 6th grade ELA dept- $500 to purchase copies of Number The Stars paperback books
6. Ms Marcin-School nurse Meadowood Program - $279.80 + shipping for 4 educational (puberty related) DVDs for children with special needs.
Total: $2207.15 (plus s/h on one items)
2017-2018 Academic Club Grant applicantions (fall/winter)
1. Ms Letts - concert band - $200 to hire a guest trumpet solos/clinician that will work with the students and perform with them at their spring concert.
2. Ms Brady-Best Buddies Program - $200 to purchase outdoor adaptive supplies, arts and crafts supplies, cooking supplies and field trips.